Posted on Apr 27, 2023
In-person events are making a comeback. Now more than ever, event management is critical to effective outreach for transportation projects of all kinds. There is simply no substitute for face-to-face public engagement, even in this digital age.
Over the years, Global-5 has had a hand in organizing live announcements and media conferences for U.S. Department of Transportation officials and several Florida governors. We have held ribbon-cutting ceremonies for some of the state’s largest infrastructure projects.
For most state and local transportation agencies, however, such high-profile events are relatively rare. Smaller, community-centered events are more in demand — and can be just as challenging to pull off successfully.
Global-5 has experience planning and coordinating events of all sizes. Some recent examples include:
- An on-site announcement for the opening of a new diverging diamond interchange in Osceola County with display boards and other materials illustrating the new traffic pattern.
- A groundbreaking ceremony for the NASA Causeway replacement project, for which Global-5 provided logistical support and designed a colorful commemorative patch.
- A “touch-a-truck” station at a Seminole County emergency management event, at which attendees of all ages met a Road Ranger and explored his truck.
- A Brevard County event to announce the launch of a bike share program, at which attendees were fitted for bike helmets and took the bikes for a spin.
- An educational event for older drivers, at which trained volunteers assisted them with proper safety belt use and mirror positioning, and provided car safety tips.
- A media event in a Seminole County school zone, drawing attention to a high-visibility law enforcement operation to curb distracted driving.
- Branded booths and exhibits at a variety of community festivals, employer-sponsored events, conferences, and other venues to reach diverse target audiences with information about specific projects.
Whatever the occasion, we have learned that outreach events of all sizes share many common keys to success, such as clear, consistent messaging; well-executed logistics; eye-catching informational materials; and expert media relations.
To learn more about how our event management services can help you reach your goals, please contact John Hamill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-571-6771.