Full Stack Web Developer - Full Time, Not Remote
Longwood, FL (Orlando, Florida)
This position gives you the opportunity to architect, design & develop products currently being used by thousands of users every month. Our client’s needs include building apps, websites and other products which will allow you to showcase your creativity and problem solving prowess.
Global-5 is a national award-winning public relations and integrated marketing firm serving government, transportation and transit clients. Work will be performed in our Longwood offices.
This position is specific to the Orlando Metro Area (Longwood, FL specifically) -Relocation expenses will not be covered. Work will be performed in our Longwood offices. Applicant will work under the direction of the Creative Director on site (i.e. not working remotely) and be on a team responsible for developing websites, e-newsletters, electronic maps, handouts, display boards and other materials for public distribution.
The ideal candidate should have PHP experience in web application development, knowledge of multiple coding languages, experience working with datasets of various formats, and knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build responsive HTML themes and pages from a source PSD design for use within a PHP-based content management system
- Hard code HTML and CSS e-newsletters and templates for mass distribution
- Translate needs from systems requirements to solutions or application development, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind
- Design and build server-side components that seamlessly run on-premises and on cloud platforms
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Integrating different applications and performing data migrations
- Translate complex engineering schematics and GIS data into simplified and clear illustrations and maps
- Assist in output of print materials such as proposals, media kits, and occasionally involving hand trimming and manual assembly of these items
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field preferred
- Strong familiarity with WordPress, Joomla and/or Drupal; Ability to build custom themes
- Basic to mid-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign
- Experience with .NET framework development using C#, C++, Visual Studio, a plus
- ArcGIS, Google Maps API, or open source GIS knowledge and prior experience building spatial/mapping applications a plus
- SharePoint development knowledge also a plus
- Knowledge of entire Microsoft Office suite, including Word and PowerPoint
- Comfortable working in a Windows-based environment
- Applicant to work from the company’s Longwood office location*
- Applicant should be able to sit for long periods of time
- Applicant should be able to use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls and repeat the same movements
Applicants must include the following:
- A resume attached as a PDF
- A brief cover letter explaining how your experience and/or education qualify you for this position
- A portfolio of work presented as a website link or PDF
- DO NOT TELEPHONE. Applicants who do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. *Local Candidates Only
- Full-time position with competitive pay structure
- Paid time off and paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Medical insurance and additional health benefits
- 401 profit sharing
Global-5 is a national award-winning public information, public relations, and integrated marketing firm serving transportation, transit and government clients and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.